Montag, 23. Juli 2007

Work - Somebody's gotta do it

The teachings of Unto This Last (a book by John Ruskin) I understood to be:

1. that the good of the individual is contained in the good of all;

2. that a lawyer’s work has the same value as the barber’s in as much all have the same right of earning their livelihood from their work;

3. that a life of labour, i.e. the life of the tiller of the soil and the handicraftsman is the life worth living.

The first of these I knew. The second I had dimly realized. The third had never occurred to me. Unto This Last made it clear as daylight for me that the second and third were contained in the first.

I arose with the dawn ready to reduce these principles to practice.

- Mahatma Gandhi
from his Autobiography


AGRA SHAVE






THE GLEANERS






THE GREENGROCER

Keine Kommentare: